Celebrate National Doughnut Day with these deliciously healthy baked goodies! Adding a bit of Bench’s Raw Honey will help sweeten the doughnuts, give them a golden color, and help lengthen their shelf life!
Baked Honey Doughnuts
Prep 18 Minutes | Cook 12 Minutes | Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Bench’s Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees .Lightly grease a baking sheet, or donut baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon and flour. Mix buttermilk, eggs, honey and butter in a separate medium bowl, and stir into the dry ingredients. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared pan in doughnut shapes.
- Bake 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.
Top with powdered sugar or with Bench’s Lemon & Raw Honey Glaze!